How should I stop office for Mac to pop every time I restart Mac?

Reaction score
Ok I am on Mac Mini 10.8.4 and office for Mac 2011 pops up every time I log in my Mac. One after another PowerPoint, Excel and Word comes up. How should I stop it? This happens only when I restart or turn on Mac.

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you not do this from system preferences > Users and Groups > Login Items?

Reaction score
tried that but got no help...i have only itunes application in the login items. BTW, itunes is not disturbing me at all. but when I reach the desktop I have to close excel, word, powerpoint one-by-one which is irritating.

Reaction score
8.4, I'm guessing you are not Quitting them, with the MS Apps you always want to go to the Menu with the App Name, ie Excel and choose Quit, or Command - Q. Never leave then running while not using them.

Reaction score
How long has this been happening? It's almost like they were not shut down.

I always shut down any app before turning off the mac. It is happening ever since I got this mac in office with ms-office 2011 installed on it.

8.4, I'm guessing you are not Quitting them, with the MS Apps you always want to go to the Menu with the App Name, ie Excel and choose Quit, or Command - Q. Never leave then running while not using them.
As I answered above, i didnt leave them open at any time. its just they come up when i go to desktop.
anyways thanks for the help

Reaction score
Right Click on the Icon in the Dock
Ensure Option > Open at Log In is Unchecked

Reaction score
hey guys. got the solution. there was a small option 'Do not show this message again'. I checked it.
hopeful now it wont come again.

Ask a Question