how do you carry your MacBook?

SwampWitch

Reaction score
I bought a Targus backpack for traveling with my MacBook and used it for the first time on a trip a week ago. It was terrible, the straps hurt my shoulders (they hit right on the bone), and it was bulky and difficult to use and get on and off. It seemed lightweight by itself, but as soon as I added my computer and cords, a paperback and some snacks, the thing weighed a ton!

I've been doing research since then, and the Brenthaven bags seem really good, with lifetime guarantee. They weigh only 3 lbs., as opposed to my 6 lb. one, those extra pounds really make a difference! (I'm seriously considering getting a MacBook Air before my next trip, too.)

I need a bag to carry my laptop in addition to a few things like my iPod, camera, a few toiletries, etc. for week-long trips.

Does anybody know about Brenthaven? How do you lug your laptop around and does it work for you?

Reaction score
There's some really cool bags out there, but you can't beat trying them on.
If you are doing serious carrying I wouldn't go for a "Laptop" bag I would get a proper BackPack that would fit also the Laptop. Check out the outdoors camping stores.

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Thanks, Kaveman, I wish I could try some out, but the selection for shopping here is terrible. I have to go on recommendations & descriptions and order through the 'net.

Ask a Question