How do I update a song in my Apple Music?

Reaction score
How do I update a song in Apple Music, or my whole Apple Music Library?

Twice, I have found songs I like on my HomePod, when that song started playing but got silent until that song ended. And every time I play that song I get the exact same result. I go to my Mac and it plays just fine (it is on my Mac). I want that song refreshed on my iCloud so it plays correctly on my HomePod.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is this a purchased song or one added from a CD? If manually added and you are using Apple Music, you could try deleting it from your library and/or Apple Music, re-add it, then let it sync back up.

C

Reaction score
I don't remember. I suspect it was from a CD. I just did a "Show in Finder" to see if it was in an Apple Music directory, it isn't. But I found 3 copies of the song in that folder (with a 1 and 2 version). I played all three versions with VLC. (Only one shows the cover in Finder)
Another version of the song with a different singer has 5 versions of that song and multiple versions of other songs. I didn't know what.

Ask a Question