How do I Delete iTunes Library?

Reaction score
I have saved my mp3 files on a new external hard drive and want to delete my current iTunes library so that I can reload my mp3 files back into iTunes from the new drive. How do I do this on my MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
thanks for your reply, Kaveman!

I'm a bit puzzled. what do I do when I get to Home>> Music?

what file(s) do I move to Trash?

Thanks, Arthur

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You could add the songs to the current iTunes library then just move the iTunes folder from Home > Music to the ext drive. Then launch iTunes and go to Preferences under iTunes in the menu and select Advanced and change the location of the library from Home > Music to Ext HD > iTunes or whatever. Then you can go on and delete the folder iTunes that's left in Home > Music.

If you are running Lion you can highlight the iTunes folder first then press Command C then navigate to your Ext HD and open it in Finder and highlight the window by selecting it and then pressing Option Command V.

That will actually MOVE the iTunes folder and you won't need to go and delete it as per the earlier instructions. The difference is moving as opposed to copying.

Ask a Question