How can I arrange my photos and save it in the order I want it, without it shuffling ?

Reaction score
After I update my software, my photos are arranged in a new order. It automatically arranges it in an order that the new software believes it should be in (which then shuffles all of my photos). How can I arrange my photos and save it in the order I want it, without it shuffling ?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Where are the photos being reordered - in Finder, in the Photos application, etc.?
C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Where are the photos being reordered - in Finder, in the Photos application, etc.?
C
macOS 15.2.1
from photos at the task bar; photos are from 2002 to present of 30,000 to January 2022; I wish to add some of them through the years to a Photo Frame, but chronologically and definitely NOT shuffled. Can this be done?

Reaction score
Photos default for displaying photos under the Library tab, in the Sidebar, is from Oldest to Newest. After selecting Library in the the Photos Sidebar, go Menu>View>Sort by... What does it show?

If you are looking in an Album, the Sort by options are : By Title, Oldest First and Newest First.

Ask a Question