HomeKit Enabling Itself? help?

Reaction score
iPhone 6+ "phablet" just updated with OS 10.0.2 but this quirk may have been going on since I bought this phone.

Under Touch ID & Passcode in Settings, there's an area labeled "ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED" and below it, a row of slide buttons for five items to allow yourself to access when your phone is locked:
Today View
Notifications View
Reply With Message
Home Control
Wallet
To the right of each item is a button that slides on or off with the merest touch of your finger. Except for "Home Control."

I have to press, hold, and carefully slide that button to the left, to get it to go off.
All the rest slide off with a brush of my fingertip.
Then I exit back to Settings. And I go back in to "Touch ID & Passcode" and lo and behold....Home Control is set on again for allowing access when locked.

Isn't it a pretty bad thing for the phone to be adjusting it's own settings outside of my say-so?

I deleted the HomeKit application that came with this phone, ages ago. I've never used it as I own nothing to use it with.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Not sure why Home Control would re-enable itself.
-Do you have any HomeKit-enabled devices?
-Have you checked in Settings > Privacy > HomeKit to see if any devices requested access to home data?
-Did you delete the HomeKit or Home app?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Not sure why Home Control would re-enable itself.
-Do you have any HomeKit-enabled devices?
-Have you checked in Settings > Privacy > HomeKit to see if any devices requested access to home data?
-Did you delete the HomeKit or Home app?

Hi Cory thanks for responding!
FROM PREVIOUS POST:
"I deleted the HomeKit application that came with this phone, ages ago. I've never used it as I own nothing to use it with."

I bothered you all with this because I was hoping to avoid going to Apple to be told that this device is also, like all my Apple devices, performing in impossible ways and must be turned in. Except I've owned it a year and without insurance they are going to say they own no liability toward me I'm sure; they are as cut-throat as any company.

(1) I deleted the Homekit application that came with my phone a yr ago when I bought the phone. I've no use for it.
(2) I'm poor. I don't have devices operable from my phone.
(3) I felt silly checking because I don't own such devices. But I did, actually months ago the first time, and nope nothing has requested access.

So I guess I really have to just back up my phone and head to the Genius Bar to see what they say about this?

Ask a Question