High Sierra installer

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have an older 2011 iMac and I’m trying to get High Sierra on it. I originally had it at one point but installed a SSD and had to start from scratch. I have a MacBook Air that im trying to get the High Sierra installer on but I am now being told I can’t DL it as maverick is available instead, but on the same computer I have been able to DL just the installer.

All I want is the installer to then make a bootable drive to then install High Sierra on my iMac.

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have an older 2011 iMac and I’m trying to get High Sierra on it. I originally had it at one point but installed a SSD and had to start from scratch. I have a MacBook Air that im trying to get the High Sierra installer on but I am now being told I can’t DL it as maverick is available instead, but on the same computer I have been able to DL just the installer.

All I want is the installer to then make a bootable drive to then install High Sierra on my iMac.
If you are able to start Terminal, enter this command:

softwareupdate --list-full-installers

This assumes, of course, that you have an internet connection. If a list of macOS versions comes up, let me know and I will guide you through the installation process.

Ask a Question