Hi, there ... and a little help, please!

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some help. I am a longtime Mac user but, to be honest, don't know that much about their capabilities as I really only use the computer for Word Processing, email, and surfing the net. I don't download movies/tv shows and rarely download music. I do, however, use iPhoto, iDVD, and iMovie to make family vacation movies.

I have a used iMac I bought in September (from simmply macs in Toronto, ON) that is running OS X 10.6.8 with a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory. (I have no idea what any of this means!)

I had an iMac that I had bought in 2005 that I loved. The DVD burner stopped working which was why I bought this recent iMac. So, we do have two working desktop computers but have an opportunity to buy an older model laptop with the following specs:

MacBook 13.3"
2.1GHz / 2.5GB RAM / 120GB HDD
Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) & iLife '09 Installed

Before purchasing for $400, I would like some feedback as to whether this would be an acceptable computer for a 3rd computer in our house. Would I be able to burn movies on it? Other than that, we'd likely only use it to surf the net. Does it have an Intel Core Duo processor (not sure if that's what 2.1 GHz means?)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Really appreciate the feedback...!

Reaction score
best guess Discontinued November 2007.

No I don't think a 5 year old MacBook is worth $400. If it was a give away maybe.

Ask a Question