Help with wifi?

Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry if this in the wrong spot...

I have a friend with a 2010 27" imac running osx 10.4.11. Recently, she was having issues with her airport adapter. I've been trying to fix it, however whenever I go to enable it, the screen just goes Grey and says it needs to be shut down, and just won't work.

As a work around a picked up an engenius eub9603h wifi adapter. I installed the drivers, rebooted, and it says that I need to enable the wlan adapter in the network Window under system preferences. However when I go to that, it's not showing anything other than ethernet, fire wire or the airport adapter (that doesn't work).

I can't seem to find anything anywhere to get this going. Mind you my Mac experience is fairly limited, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
engenius eub9603h wifi adapter
To my knowledge no-one has much joy with USB WiFi.

Did you delete ~/Library/Preferences/
com.apple.internetconfig.plist
and
com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist

Reaction score
Hi,

I might be wrong but was under the impression that the engenius eub9603h wifi adapter had drivers for only the following operating systems
1) Windows 7
2) Vista
3) XP
4) MacOS ( I do not see OS X ) Listed.
Mac OS is an old operating system and ended in about 2001, since then we have had OS X.

If you are in the UK then by far the best portable WiFi is the 3 MiFi unit, there are no drivers needed you just switch it on and enter its key code.

Reaction score
4) MacOS ( I do not see OS X ) Listed.
Mac OS is an old operating system and ended in about 2001, since then we have had OS X.

I'm not in the UK unfortunately, but this is actually very useful info. I had no idea mac os 10.4 differed from osx 10.4, but I believe that is the cause of why its not working. I'll have to see if we have any others at work that would do the trick.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys, I really appreciate it!

Ask a Question