Help With Network Connection Between 2 Desktops

Reaction score
I have two iMacs, connected via wireless router. I allowed file sharing from one desktop. When I did this I can see the other iMac under Network. However when I double click the iMac icon nothing appears and it says on top "Not Connected"

When I choose "Connect As" on the right hand side a pop up window appears. It asks me to connect as "Registered User" or "Using an "Apple ID"

First option "Registered User" has name and password. By default under name it has the name of my computer. Password is blank. When I put in my computers password nothing happens. (Other than the window shaking like, no,no,no!)
So I figured I put in my wireless router name and password and that didn't work either. When I choose "Using an Apple ID" I get the same results.

So I am at a lose at what information I need to "connect" to the other iMac.

Reaction score
The User Name and Password, has to be the account of the Target Mac, the one you are logging into, not the one you are on.

Ask a Question