SOLVED Help with Mac restarting and hard drive problems.

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First of all Im a total newbie and pretty bad with technology, so sorry in advance.
I have a iMac 2020 with intel processor. No problems so far, love the computer. I had windows on bootcamp and the hard drive was partitioned for it. I thought since I dont use it that much anymore, I'll uninstall the windows. I used the Boot Camp manager I think. Everything went well.

Then I closed the iMac, later that day I opened it again. The start up was slower than usual. Then It asks the password to open my hard drive. I give the password and then It just restarts the mac. And asks again. There is a option choose the hard drive but it doesnt help. I will add some pictures to explain.

Its hard to give the details, since I dont really understand what I did wrong. Anyways just wanted to ask your help, before I need to take this to expensive store to get fixed. Thank you for your time.

Sorry the operating system is in Finnish, but hope this gives you an idea.

Link for the screenshots: https://postimg.cc/gallery/8kccKxy

Reaction score
It looks like you do not have the internal drive setup as the boot volume.

To remedy this, follow these steps.

1. Shutdown your Mac.
2. Start up your Mac while holding down the Option Key. You should see your Hard Drive listed with an Arrow pointing up below it.
3. Hold down th Control Key. You will see the Arrow turn to a circular arrow. Click on the circular arrow, and your mac should boot normally from here on out.

Reaction score
It's quite possible that the boot volume has been changed during the process of uninstalling Windows from Boot Camp. @MacsBug's advice is spot on - try setting the internal drive as the boot volume.

Reaction score
YES! Thank you! It works again. The computer also wanted me to install update before using the hard drive so maybe it had something to do aswell.

Anyways thank you both so much!!
Love you take care 😍

Ask a Question