Help - Spontaneously Opened Files

Reaction score
Hello,

I've encountered a very strange problem with my mac. Earlier today I noticed that sometimes my mouse was selecting things on its own and thought, time to get a new mouse. As the day went on the problem got worse, until suddenly most of programs opened spontaneously, flooding my screen. My mouse now refuses to unclick and unless I force it by disconnecting the pad it'll just drag around a directory box or what have you until kingdom come. It also refuses to click any of the programs closed, or interact with them or the top menus in any way (though by disconnecting and reconnecting I can fool it into opening the menus).

Two more odd details: At the bottem of the menu Windows is a line of little skulls/alien heads which I don't recall seeing before, and safari spontaneously opened to a fried chicken recipe site I'd never visited. Very strange.

Help would be very much appreciated. I was working when this whole mess happened and I'd like to get back to it.

Reaction score
Twice, Slightly fewer programs are open, but the screen is still impenetrable and the mouse the same,

Reaction score
That's assuming 'full shut down' only means turning the computer completely off.

Reaction score
'full shut down' only means turning the computer completely off
Yes.

Sounds like a hardware problem, do you have a different USB mouse you can try?

Reaction score
I can get a cheap one when the store opens. Is there a way for a bad mouse to open all those windows at once?

Ask a Question