Help.Safari won't load or download firefox or any browser.

Reaction score
Hi. I have a desk top Imac 10.6.8. I am having a lot of trouble with Youtube, safari etc. I had a browser named Opera and deleted it as it was slow. Real problems started however when I downloaded a 'clean your mac' program which I cant remember which one now. I cleaned my mac. After this in Opera all videos and clips were just a grey screen until I clicked onto them. I thought it may be Opera so thats why I deleted the browser. Now safari won't let me download Firefox , Chrome, etc. I get this message that my mac doesn't support it which is rubbish as I have had Firefox before. Any advice would be appreciated thanks. I am pretty much computer dummy. Cheers

Reaction score
Looks like you will need to reset Safari or as the option is now called Clear History &.......... OK you will have to start again when a web site asks for any passwords you have saved but Safari should then allow you Chrome or Firefox downloads.
there are other things it might be but the old reset usually works.
Note most of the advice on the web about this will still tell you to click on Safari & from the drop down choose Reset. Thats old info if you have OSX10.10.2 & Safari 8.0.3

Ask a Question