Help regarding MAC OS reinstalling - Error code: 1008F and 2008f

Reaction score
I was trying to reinstall the Mac OS as my mac was extremely slow, but upon entering the recovery mode after the boot, I wiped out both the hard drives.
Now I can't even enter the recovery mode. I have already reset the PRAM.
I tried i made a bootable installer in my external hard drive, but it also failed. right after i start my PC it asks to connect the WIFI and upon connecting it loads for 10 mins and then it gives either of the following errors.

1008f
2008f

I have restarted my router however still the problem hasn't been fixed.
I have already tried removing the device from finding my iPhone since I thought it would have been blocked by apple but still no luck.

I can't access anything, no command-line nothing. all I can see is when I'm asked to connect to wifi. that's it.

I have tried the following commands with the help of Apple Support.

CMD
CMD + option + R + P
CMD + option + R
CMD + option + P
Option

I checked the codes online and it says to connect the router through the wired connection but I haven't tried that as I believe that my internet is working well on the other devices.

Kindly, if someone has been through such a situation then let me know how you fixed the issue.

Reaction score
I was trying to reinstall the Mac OS as my mac was extremely slow, but upon entering the recovery mode after the boot, I wiped out both the hard drives.
Now I can't even enter the recovery mode. I have already reset the PRAM.
I tried i made a bootable installer in my external hard drive, but it also failed. right after i start my PC it asks to connect the WIFI and upon connecting it loads for 10 mins and then it gives either of the following errors.

1008f
2008f

I have restarted my router however still the problem hasn't been fixed.
I have already tried removing the device from finding my iPhone since I thought it would have been blocked by apple but still no luck.

I can't access anything, no command-line nothing. all I can see is when I'm asked to connect to wifi. that's it.

I have tried the following commands with the help of Apple Support.

CMD
CMD + option + R + P
CMD + option + R
CMD + option + P
Option

I checked the codes online and it says to connect the router through the wired connection but I haven't tried that as I believe that my internet is working well on the other devices.

Kindly, if someone has been through such a situation then let me know how you fixed the issue.
Something similar happened to me several years ago. I also tried internet recovery (cmd-opt-R) which I hate to do. Still no joy. Then I read somewhere (I forget exactly where) to try turning off Find My Mac (System Preferences / iCloud, then uncheck Find My Mac.

If you cannot even do a normal or safe mode boot on the Mac, you should be able to find your Mac using another Mac or iPhone or iPad, connecting to iCloud.com, then using Find My to locate all of your Apple devices. From there, you should be able to remove the problem Mac from your devices. The hope here is that you should now be able to boot into Recovery. Try Command-R first; if it fails, then Command-Option-R. Good luck.

Ask a Question