Help Please. Safari freezing Macbook pro / OS 10.5.8

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro with os10.5. Safari keeps freezing. No I cant just go buy a new computer. Im disabled & on a fixed income. I need to fix this POS!
My daughter needs it to do her khan academy school work.... Id also like to use facebook. That or any other video hosting site makes it freeze/not respond immediately!

Ive tried whiping the Cache, history cookies.... Zaped my P-Ram.... None of this did anything..... At this point Im willing to use another browsers if thats what needs to happen to be able to make it work!
& I cant find my OS disk to try reinstalling everything.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It could simply be that that version of OS X and Safari are too old to be supported on many websites.

-You could try updating Adobe Flash
-You could download and install Google Chrome and/or Firefox and see if the issue persists.

C

Reaction score
everything is updated as far as possible.
cant use firefox with this OS... says "Your system doesn't meet therequirements to run Firefox."
cant use chrome either... says "For Mac OS X 10.6 or later"

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I forgot it may be hard to track down the correct versions.

You can get the last Mac OS X Leopard-compatible version of these browsers from OldApps.com:
Firefox 17.0.6
Camino 2.1.2

Old versions of Google Chrome aren't readily available anywhere. If these browsers don't solve the issue, then we may have to look into different troubleshooting steps. Also, what version of Adobe Flash are you running?

C

Reaction score
tried it & sais " you cannot use this version of the aplication Firefox with this version of Mac OS X....

Reaction score
Your machine is capable of running OS 10.7.5 (Lion), which would give you access to available versions of any of the browsers mentioned. But, you would need to first upgrade your machine to the last version of Snow Leopard, OS 10.6.8. The only way to do that is to purchase it, and it costs $19.99 US from the Apple Store.

Ask a Question