Help! Classic OS question and OS X.

Reaction score
Here is what I want to do. I want Leopard on one hard drive and OS 9.0 on another. I have several classic games and some OS X games. SO I would like to go back and forth. This is my setup : G4 Dual 1.4 GHZ. I have full retail copies of Leopard and Mac OS 9.0. and 2 250G hard drives. I installed OS X on one hard drive, no issues. I tried to install OS 9 on the other and it will not let me do it at all. I have read that my type of mac will not boot from a classic disk thus preventing me from installing it on a start up Hard drive. I even have a third HD with OS 10.4 on it. So I booted with that and while I can now read the classic disk it tells me it can't find a OS 9.0 system folder anywhere. So I moved the system folder from the OS 9 classic disk to the hard drive. Still no luck. So what do I do? Any advice or tips would be great. Thanks in advance. Is there any work around for this. I just want to be able to play classic games on one hard drive and OS X games on the other.

Reaction score
I have read that my type of mac will not boot from a classic disk thus preventing me from installing it on a start up Hard drive.
Thats right, but you should be able to install Classic and run the games on OSX.

Ask a Question