HD video problems

Reaction score
I have an HD Sony Handycam and recorded home videos on to a 32 GB San Disk Ultra. I uploaded the footage to my updated Mac via card reader and I see all the .mov files where i archived them. when I click on one clip in quicktime I see movie and sound for about 5 sec and it stops as if it were a huge file. iMovie and iDVD take forever with it. What the heck? I want to be able to store and keep these memories in an organized manner and be able to burn them to DVD and share with the rest of the family. One clip is 267MB. Please help..

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an HD Sony Handycam and recorded home videos on to a 32 GB San Disk Ultra

personally I would not have transferred via card reader but done it this way directly onto my Mac.

1) Open iMovie
2) Now click file > new project or press CMD+N
3) Connect your Sony HandyCam via FireWire cable to your Mac. Wait a few moments and iMovie will automatically detect the device
4) Now click import.
5) Choose a location for your files to be saved to. Choose your recording quality, enter a title for the import and then click Import.

Job done.

iMovie and iDVD take forever with it.

Please give your Mac specs and which OS X you are running.

Ask a Question