HD Failure?

Reaction score
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I am a little confused here. So i have a 2013 macbook pro that uses bootcamp with windows, where i spend most of the time. Recently for school i have had to use the mac side a lot more and have been changing back and forth more than usual. The other day when i switched to my mac side it showed the apple logo and then started shutting off. After trying to figure things out i found out how to get a copy of the files and i can view them on my other desktop. Does this actually mean that the HD isn't dead as I can still access files? Will reformatting all the data back to day 1 fix it? Recovery mode doesn't work and neither does the fsck method

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since you can view them, it may not be a hardware issue, just some form of corruption in the OS X side of things. I would highly suggest copying the files you want to save to an external HD, then making a visit to an Apple Store if you have one close. It can be difficult to diagnose and correct this issue via an online forum, and we definitely don;t ant you to lose any data.

C

Ask a Question