Have i got a Mac Virus????

Reaction score
Basically, i was downloading a few things a while back and i can't remember what.. but when i uninstalled them i deleted all the system files.. when i opened my laptop the next day i had about 6 pop ups then when i opened my own personal website (which i have made sure doesn't have any sort of pop up on it) i am getting pop ups that are apparently being caused by a 'JavaScript' but i cannot seem to find where they are coming from.. every website i go on has the same pop ups. they keep changing and forcing me to change the tab i am on to a dodgey website.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Im using 10.6.8 Snow Leaopard.. on a Late 2006 Macbook Pro..

If you have any ideas, ide be happy to know..

Reaction score
just adverts, but its the same advert over & over, now they have started to block windows with "survey ads" which i cannot get off unless i do a survey,so i have to remove the tab and re-open.. lately they start playing some sort of advert (audio only) from an unknown place, depending on which tab i close it may keep repeating or not.. very very very annoying when your trying to listen to music lol any ideas?

Ask a Question