Handbrake cannot rip Disney DVD to Apple TV?

Reaction score
Two weeks ago, one of my friends sent me a classical DVD Up as my birthday gift. I wanted to enjoy it with my family on the Apple TV, so I used Handbrake to rip it. Unfortunately, Handbrake did not work at all, even though it indeed did a good job for me in the past. What’s wrong with it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the DVD itself. Some DVDs have too many tracks for Handbrake to recognize and process. Others have a few bad sectors that cause failure.

Does the DVD play fine in your DVD player?

C

Reaction score
Sometimes "difficult" DVD can be copied by using RipIt first then Handbrake on the RipIt file. Pixar DVDs have always been very difficult to copy.

PS it this is illegal and this forum can not contribute to nor condone any illegal acts.

The correct answer is to purchase the movie from iTunes this can be played by your AppleTV.

Reaction score
To be honest, Handbrake is quite great for ripping DVDs. However, its weak point is that it cannot rip DVD with Disney new copy protection. Your DVD Up is just pushed with such protection. So Handbrake failed.

I think, u could try MacX DVD Ripper Free Edition. It not only covers the functions of Handbrake well but also can make up for its shortcoming. In my opinion, it is at least one of the best apps ive use.

Reaction score
To be honest, Handbrake is quite great for ripping DVDs. However, its weak point is that it cannot rip DVD with Disney new copy protection. Your DVD Up is just pushed with such protection. So Handbrake failed.

I think, u could try MacX DVD Ripper Free Edition. It not only covers the functions of Handbrake well but also can make up for its shortcoming. In my opinion, it is at least one of the best apps ive use.

I tried it. It does a good job indeed. Thank you.

Ask a Question