Guide for new user

Reaction score
I bought my wife a new mac book air for this xmas.
I would like to ask the pro's here for their comments on guides/tutorials for a new mac user with 40 years windows experience. How to learn/navigate dashboard, numbers, pages, keynote, launchpad, finder etc. I want Tricia (my wife) to be able to read this and not have me over her shoulder giving my rudimentary knowledge/input.
I learned the hard/slow way and got tons of help here and of course, this will be a link I will tell my wife about.
Any set-up advise and teachings would be appreciated. Thanks all. btw, I am sure Tricia will become a member soon:)
Thank you all.
As a ps, Tricia does have a B.Sc in computer science and is a programmer and is owner of an iPhone but this is her first mac. Thanks.

Reaction score
I bought my wife a new mac book air for this xmas.
I would like to ask the pro's here for their comments on guides/tutorials for a new mac user with 40 years windows experience. How to learn/navigate dashboard, numbers, pages, keynote, launchpad, finder etc. I want Tricia (my wife) to be able to read this and not have me over her shoulder giving my rudimentary knowledge/input.
I learned the hard/slow way and got tons of help here and of course, this will be a link I will tell my wife about.
Any set-up advise and teachings would be appreciated. Thanks all. btw, I am sure Tricia will become a member soon:)
Thank you all.
As a ps, Tricia does have a B.Sc in computer science and is a programmer and is owner of an iPhone but this is her first mac. Thanks.
Totally agree with Cory. When I got my first Mac I read the Missing Manual cover to cover, then once I was comfortably facile with the machine I read it through again - a lot of it makes more sense when you're actually using apps, creating docs, etc. The Apple support manuals are also helpful. Apple icon > About this Mac > Support.

Reaction score
I am sure I will be a reader too, I should have bought that when I switched 2 years ago. Again, Thank You All, this is a great forum with highly knowledgable people on board.
Hey thanks MightGem from Warrington, you live within 30 miles of where I was born :>
Actually after further review, 17 miles. !!

Last edited:

Ask a Question