Grey screen_no apple logo_planet earth comes up

Reaction score
Had a bit of a panic attack the other night when it happened and after a few switch on-offs since, it happened again tonight.

When the grey screen comes up and usually it's the Apple that comes up with the spinny animation thing (timer thingy)....TWICE now mines has had a globe/planet earth flashing on and off before the Apple comes up and the thing boots like "normal". There doesn't appear to be ANY problems but am I missing something? Is this something that is meant to happen for whatever reason?

Am I worrying over nothing, has this happened to anyone else? Is there something wrong with it? :confused: :confused:

{MacBook Pro 17"}

Reaction score
That sounds like a situation my friend had a few years ago on Panther. It turned out that the internal hard drive was not setup as the primary startup disk. I think you can fix it by going into system preferences - startup disk - then just make sure your main volume is selected. I can't be sure it will fix your problem, but I hope it helps

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Thanks a lot buddy for that. You were right (of course).

When I went in to that section if system pref. it had a "network" there and a question mark over it and so I changed it back to my folder and seems to be fixed.

I haven't had any real problems with this MacBook Pro (touch wood) since I got it but the other night when I shut it down {like normal} it came up with a thing where it said incorrect shut down or something to that effect. I had to write a wee report to Apple etc. This has never happened before and the ONLY thing that was different was that my iPod Touch was still plugged in to the computer when I shut it down. Hmmmm.

Anyway, thanks again.

Ask a Question