grey cloud desending on my screen!!!

Reaction score
HELP!

I have 2 computer, a imac G5 with OS X 10.4.11 and a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.4.

yesterday i was running my MacBook in target disk mode to move files on to my desktop, after doing this i turned of the mac book without ejecting from the desktop.

when i cam to turning it back on its starts up fine then a warning comes up that says "the computer was restarted after mac osx quite unexpectedly" it gives me the option to send a report but before i can do anything a grey cloud comes down from the tope of the screen freezing everything and then says "you need to restart your computer. hold down the power button etc etc"...after i do this the same happens all over again.

I can open it in target disk mode still and see my hard drive and retrieve my files, i have tried ejecting it properly in the hope it would amend the problem but no luck. i have tried rebooting the PRAM (what ever this does) and still no avail, i have also run a hardwear test but still the black cloud desend on my screen.

3rd year student, all my work is on my laptop along with specific programmes! Any sugestions?

Cheers, sam

Reaction score
That screen is called a kernel panic. When you had it tdm did you copy any files out of system? Was it copying anything to or from the mounted HD when you turned it off?
Does the problem still occur when you boot the MBP in Safe Mode? To do this hold down shift from the time you hear the startup chime to the time you see the apple logo.

karazelle

Reaction score
You can also boot your Mac in target mode again and then run Disk Utility on the mounted disk icon for a permission and disk check.

Ask a Question