Graphics Tablets for authors

Reaction score
Hi all,

A slightly unusual request. I have an older MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 and my wife does a lot of writing of exam reports but can't (won't!) type or use voice recognition software. So I need to find a reasonably priced tablet that she can handwrite on which will automatically appear as text within the various boxes on the forms on-screen. I understand that once a tablet is connected then the Mac will allow 'Inkwell' to appear? How good is the software in recognising handwriting please?

For the tablet she would like as large a screen as she can afford. Note that we are in the UK. When I search for hardware all the reviews seem to just concentrate on the 'graphics' capabilities i.e. drawing etc.

Many thanks,

Stu

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am only familiar with tablets used for graphics. I don't recall seeing any that were geared towards handwriting-to-text.

That said, the very few times I have used Inkwell, it seemed to work fairly well. But, I am not sure which hardware/software it would be compatible with.

Sorry, but I hope that helps.

C

Ask a Question