GoPhoto.it akamaihd.net Problem in Searches

Reaction score
Hello,
Don't know if this is a Mac App question. A few weeks ago I accidentally pushed a button on my screen, and since then all of my searches have included akamaihd.net in my subject line. For example, my search for "Prucha Mastertone" resulted in this:
The search results under this new condition don't look like my former search results. I reach sites that are not helpful and seem commercially oriented.
I have found reference to the akamaihd.net problem elsewhere. It is said to be a virus. I see various solutions (some complex) for getting rid of it.
For example: Go to Terminal. Type "open~Library" (without quotes). Delete the folder for GoPhoto.it, which is"{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384." This does not work for me.

Will appreciate advice. Thanks.
Ed

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Have you tried using a different search engine like Google/DuckDuckGo instead of Yahoo!, or a different browser - Safari/Chrome/Firefox? Do you get the same results?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Have you tried using a different search engine like Google/DuckDuckGo instead of Yahoo!, or a different browser - Safari/Chrome/Firefox? Do you get the same results?

Have you tried?

Can it really help in that situation?

Reaction score
Akamaihd.net is an address which is promoted through a potentially unwanted application (PUA), an app that is categorized as a browser hijacker. So using an uninfected browser should work o/k.
Run malwarebytes that should clear it up.

Reaction score
Yes I am aware that there are articles on the web :). I don't have akamaihd infecting my mac so I did not go looking for them, I made a suggestion that has worked in the past. for others. YMMV.

Ask a Question