Google Drive shared folder

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have shared a Google Drive folder with my colleague which he can access by going through the icon on the top right of the screen. However, he can find the folder when he goes to save from within an application such as word or excel.
Is there a way to add it to the list please?

Many thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What version of Mac OS X?
-Does he have the Google Drive app installed - is that what you meant by going through the icon on the top right of the screen?

To "see" a shared folder in the Google Drive app on a Mac, you first have to "add" that folder to his Google Drive. If you don't, he will only see his folders and can only access the shared folder via a web browser under the Google Drive > Shared with me section. He will also have to click the disclosure button at the right of the name in the Save dialog to change it to expanded view so he can navigate to any folder.

We can help you get this setup.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What version of Mac OS X?
-Does he have the Google Drive app installed - is that what you meant by going through the icon on the top right of the screen?

To "see" a shared folder in the Google Drive app on a Mac, you first have to "add" that folder to his Google Drive. If you don't, he will only see his folders and can only access the shared folder via a web browser under the Google Drive > Shared with me section. He will also have to click the disclosure button at the right of the name in the Save dialog to change it to expanded view so he can navigate to any folder.

We can help you get this setup.

C
Hi Cory,

Thanks. He has OSx I think (recently purchased MacBook Air).
Google drive app installed.
So how do I 'add' the folder please?

Regards

Richard

Ask a Question