Getting Ready for El Capitan, OS 10.11

Reaction score
As most folks know, OS 10.11, El Capitan, is scheduled to be released two weeks from today, that is, on Wednesday, September 30th. As usual, there are concerns about which third party software will work with the new OS. For myself, there are 6 critical products that I require compatibility:

1. Office 2011 (especially Outlook for my EMail needs)

2. Onyx

3. TechTool Pro

4. SuperDuper!

5. Quicken 2007

6. 1Password

From what I have seen so far, everything is good with Office 2011. Titanium software, the developer of Onyx, has somewhat recently been releasing OS-specific versions of that excellent product, and a version for OS 10.11 will be released shortly after El Capitan arrives. Same thing for TechTool Pro. Shirt Pocket software, the developers of SuperDuper!, just today released a version (2.8) compatible with OS 10.11. From what I have read, 1Password, V5.3.2 (the latest version, which I have), is compatible. Finally, no word yet on Quicken 2007 (nor Quicken 2015, for that matter) as to when a compatible version will be released.

So, it might be a little while before I upgrade to El Capitan. Also, for folks that use Carbon Copy Cloner, a version was released earlier this month. Oner can get it form here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/7032/carbon-copy-cloner

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
A great resource to check the compatibility of software for different versions of Mac OS X is:

RoaringApps

The site initially started with the release of Lion, as it's requirements were so substantially different than Snow Leopard. They have continued adding each new release since, and even have some preliminary reports for El Capitan. Most of their compatibility information is gathered from end-users and early-adpoters, and you can even file reports yourself to be added to the database. The even have an actual app in the works that can scan your Mac and give you the latest compatibility, which should be released soon.

Visit the site, create an account, and enjoy,

C

Ask a Question