SOLVED Garage Band tracks suddenly can't be unmuted

Reaction score
Hi, I returned to a Garage Band project after months away and opened it in its updated (latest) version on Ventura 13.1. Added a track (AIFF file from Music). When I play the project back, the only track that outputs audio is the new track, even though it's indicating muted in the left margin (a diagonal line through the little speaker icon). Trouble is, all of the other tracks are muted and none of them output audio when played -- unless soloed! Clicking on the crossed-out-speaker on each track is futile, the icon just doesn't change. None of this was (knowingly) done by me! How do I hear my mix? Any tips?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

When the speaker icon with line through it is gray it is active, when clicked and blue is when it is muted. When you click the headphone icon to solo, the other track speaker icons will flash blue to indicate they are muted. Is that what you are describing?

Maybe some screenshots or a short video of the issue would help?

C

Reaction score
Hi C,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how, but the issue has righted itself and my work proceeds.

Should've followed up this thread with that! Many thanks again.

:)

Ask a Question