Gamepad

Reaction score
Through downloading a driver i've managed to get my wired Xbox controller to work on my Macbook pro. I know this as the green light comes on and it responds to the page on the system requirements. However, when I try playing a game on Steam, like Psychonauts or Super Meat Boy (which state they work with a gamepad) they don't work. The only game it has worked with so far is Portal 2. As well, after I unplug my gamepad after it not working, the mouse and keyboard freeze up. Then, the controller doesn't work with the Mac at all if I try to plug it back in (I know by the light). The only thing i can do now is to hold down the power down button until it turns off. I've had to do this multiple times now, and i fear that turning it off this way is not good for my computer. I suspect that the Mac thinks that the gamepad is another keyboard or input and replaces the normal keyboard and trackpad. Furthermore, the games are also problematic. On Steam, Psychonauts recognises the gamepad, but doesn't let me alter the buttons, so the triggers control the camera, B is to jump, etc. On Super Meat Boy, the input is sometimes recognised, most time not. Trine (from the Mac App Store) says it supports controllers, but doesn't recognise mine. Team Fortress 2 (on Steam) again says it does, and even has the gamepad option ticked in the menus, but again no luck. Strangely, Portal 2 works fine, which plays on the same engine as Team Fortress 2 (Source engine).
Thank you to whoever can help me! :D

Reaction score
Hey this kind of thing happened to me w/ my xbox wired controller. Are you using the Tattieboogle driver?

Ask a Question