Folder on desktop disappeared and no longer exists!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was working in Word and tried to save it to a particular folder on my desktop, when it slowed down and became unresponsive. I tried to exit Word and eventually it started to work again so I thought all was fine. I tried to save again to make sure it was correct, and I received an error saying it couldn't be saved there. I went to my desktop, and the folder was gone. Disappeared. It wasn't in Trash. It didn't accidentally get dragged into another folder. It simply disappeared! Spotlight can't find the folder or any of its files.

I went to the tech center where I work and they were perplexed as well. I'll have to resort to my last backup, which was about a month ago.

So: what happened? Is this a Lion bug or something? I'm so confused, and really sad that I lost all my work.... :(

-Piggywillow

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can you go to Word ~> File ~> Recent and see if you can open a more recent version ??

I don't use Word so I'm just having an educated guess ...

Ask a Question