Firefox and Photoshop Crashing! HELP!

Reaction score
Hello.

I was wondering if someone could please help me. Firstly, I apologize if I didn't put this thread under the right place.

Here is the deal -

Yesterday I went on google images and firefox froze (which is unusual), anyway, I closed it. When I opened it again and clicked on another page it crashed. It kept crashing. So I looked up the problem hoping there was an easy fix. I disabled the extensions, and I ran it in safe mode but it still crashed. So I deleted firefox and all its folders. I noticed that in my mac finder instead of the 'search' and 'back' button there were now letters and numbers such as 'TL23' and 'TL9'. I have absolutely no idea why this is. So I just decided whatever, I will switch to Safari. -- I tried to open my adobe photoshop and it crashes before it even starts!

What does this mean? Does anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

karazelle

Reaction score
This can happen if there is a problem with Finders cache.
Try to remove these files from within your users folder, then reboot and empty trash:

.MacOSX/environment.plist
Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.SystemUI.plist
Library/Preferences/perflib
Library/Preferences/Preferences.dylib
Library/Logs/swlog

Lion Note, if you cannot see the Library folder in your user folder, hold down the Alt/Option key then click the Go menu in Finder. If its random numbers or letters, its the fifth menu from the left (not counting the Apple menu). You should see upon pressing and depressing the alt key that there option appears or disappears.

Ask a Question