Finder Network Icon Help

Reaction score
I was cleaning up misc files on my IMAC (OS 10.6.6) and noticed when I opened up the finder icon the network icon under the hard drive icon contained a misc url that I had not put there so I tried to delete the listing and could not delete it or drag it to the trash. How does one access items listed in this network listing in the finder to get rid of them. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hold the Command key as you click, hold then drag the URL from the Finder Sidebar.

Reaction score
Hi Spawn,
I tried that as well as holding down option, control-option-command, and other combos and the link drags but springs back and can't be moved or trashed. I get the message "the item can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted."
In the finder window there are headings Name, Date Modified, and Kind.
Under kind both network and the url are listed as neighborhood. Not sure what that means. Thanks.

Reaction score
Here is a screen shot attached to this message. The interesting thing is that yesterday there was a different url there, last night it was gone, and this morning another is there. This url is apparently a user profile page from a guitar forum I frequent but I'm not at all familiar with this person or why they appeared in my network or how to eliminate the link. Thanks for staying with me on this.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-13 at 7.14.33 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-13 at 7.14.33 AM.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 315

Ask a Question