Find file with maximum file number

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a collection of files called abc_[number] scattered over different folders, and wish to find the file with the largest [number] and open a Finder window to that file location.
Is it possible to write such a "script" in Automator, or should I look into AppleScript?
Thanks a lot in advance for your response!

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a collection of files called abc_[number] scattered over different folders, and wish to find the file with the largest [number] and open a Finder window to that file location.
Is it possible to write such a "script" in Automator, or should I look into AppleScript?
Thanks a lot in advance for your response!
I think Find Any File.app will serve your purpose. If I remember right, it costs $6, available directly from the developer or from the Apple App Store. I use it regularly whenever Spotlight or Alfred fail to meet particular norms like your example.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the developer didn’t offer a trial copy, but I would still buy it from the App Store to make it easier to install in all of my Macs. There are similar apps that I think are free, like Easy Find. I have a few others but still prefer to use Find Any File.

Ask a Question