Final cut pro sound files

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been noticing an issue occurring more and more frequently with final cut pro. When I search for a sound effect I find what I need, listen to it then drag it down and put where I want. I render that section and everything is fine but often the sound file will go red either before or after being rendered and cannot be heard. I can repeat the process and it might work or the same thing might happen, apparently at random. Does a have any idea about this?

Also, side issue, all the music files that fcp came preloaded with have disappeared. The sound effects are there but the music is gone, anyone know whats going on there?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which model Mac?
  • Which version of OS X/macOS?
  • Which version of Final Cut Pro?
The ~1300 Sound Effects included with Final Cut Pro are located in:
Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Apple Loops > Apple > Final Cut Pro Sounds Effects

I don't believe FCP comes with any music, so that was probably added/linked from your iTunes/Music Library or other folders.

I don't use FCP, so I am a bit limited with support. I do use Logic Pro, MainStage, and GarageBand however, and they all have a way to reinstall sounds/effects from the menu bar, for example: Logic Pro > Sound Library > Reinstall Sound Library. Maybe Final Cut Pro has something similar?

C

Ask a Question