File sharing over internet

Reaction score
Hi

Me and my business partner are about to relinquish our office space and individually work from home. We need to find the best way of sharing files over the internet. We don't want to share screens, just files on both the main computers and attached hard drives.
I can't seem to find any suggestions for doing this.
I have a 2008 iMac running Mountain Lion and my partner has a MacPro running Mountain Lion.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
The two machines will be in different locations yes.

I don't think DropBox would be suitable - we are talking lots of files, and we want them to be stored on an actual hard drive rather than remotely.

Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I don't think DropBox works that way ... the files must be stored on physical drives and when a file is placed in the DropBox folder is is synced with other linked DropBox folders or at least that's what I was led to believe when I tried it ... after I removed a file from the DB folder on my hard drive it vanished from the cloud .... I didn't use it in the end because I was looking for an off-site cloud storage solution and I didn't think that DB was that.

Reaction score
Hi -thanks. Just looked in to Dropbox and it would get very expensive for the number of files we would be sharing.

Ask a Question