File conversion problem

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this so bear with me. I'm trying to post a WEBLOC video file to Facebook. It doesn't work. Is there some way I can convert a WEBLOC file to an MOV file?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Is it a YouTube video?

A webloc is simply an OS X Safari shortcut file to a website (website location file). You would need to double-click the webloc file, which will open in Safari. You can then get the full link to the video to copy and paste in a Facebook post. If it is a webloc to a MOV file, you will probably need to download it first, then upload it to Facebook, and possibly convert it to a web-friendly format.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, Thanks for the info. I was previously able to download WEBLOC video files by copying and pasting the link as you described; and I have done so successfully once after having a problem that lasted an entire day. Since then the specific files I tried to get onto Facebook will still not download. So I deleted them and will try to get them back from Youtube at a later date to try again.

Reaction score
Okay...it's not my computer because the same attempt just failed on another computer. It's a Youtube file I'm trying to get out there...just not working. Am I supposed to do something to the file beyond a simple copy and paste of the link?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You could try to go to a YouTube video page, click on Share just below the video window, click on the Facebook icon, and create your post.

See if that works,

C

Reaction score
You could try to go to a YouTube video page, click on Share just below the video window, click on the Facebook icon, and create your post.

See if that works,

C
Don't know. It's a business page I'm working on with my home computer. Every "share" I post ends up on my personal page. I feel like an idiot.

Reaction score
A webloc acts as a shortcut to a website on macOS Safari. To access the linked website, double-click the webloc file, opening it in Safari. From there, you can copy the full link to a video and paste it into a Facebook post. If the webloc leads to a MOV file, you may need to download it first, then upload it to Facebook, potentially converting it to a web-compatible format.

Ask a Question