External Hardrive can't be seen in finder!

Reaction score
My computer is starting to get old and recently really laggy. Therefore I decided to back it up on time machine, to my external hardrive (WD, My Passport 1 TB, USB 2.0) . Shockingly I can no longer find the hardrive on my desktop or in finder, but I can find it in disc utility. I've tried using it on my friends computer but it won't show there either! I used it only a couple a days ago before my computer started lagging so much and it worked fine.

I guess what im trying to say is that I need help to get to use it again. What should I do?

Thank You:confused:

Reaction score
Hi,

Shockingly I can no longer find the hardrive on my desktop or in finder, but I can find it in disc utility.
Could you post a screen shot of Disk Utility with that drive and the Partition tab selected so we can see.
I've tried using it on my friends computer but it won't show there either!

I dont expect it will, you can use one TM external disk to backup multiple Macs but the backups will be in different folders re each machine.

Ask a Question