Exporting ipad bookmarks to my desktop

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know of a way of getting my ipad's Safari bookmarks exported onto my desktop?

I know synching via itunes does NOT work as that puts bookmarks from the desktop ONTO the ipad and I want to go the other way - ipad TO desktop, as I have a new mac mini with no bookmarks.

Any apps/software or work arounds would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Synching using iTunes is supposed to be a two-way job but as I don't own an iPad I can't verify how it would work with Safari bookmarks ...

How about either attaching the file to an email and sending it to yourself or use something like a Dropbox (free) account.

You can add files to your DB folder right on the iPad and they drop right into your DB folder on your computer. It's pretty quick too. Only "problem" is your computer needs to be on the net. But it's great because DropBox actually backs up whatever you put in there for 30 days or something to that effect. So if you delete something, you can restore it for a period of time.

Here's my DropBox referral link: http://db.tt/CmtEABgF

From that link you'll get the download for your Mac and from this link you'll get the iPad app version.

http://www.dropbox.com/ipad

For every friend who joins and installs Dropbox, we both are rewarded with 250 MB of bonus space (up to a limit of 8 GB) so it's fairly handy. I discovered Dropbox from researching an answer to your issue and joined up as it sounded good and my MegaUpload account is now bottoms up

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately neither work :confused: if i synch it takes my desktops settings as the master & so isn't a 2 way process unfortunately.

Also drop box etc won't work as the way the ipad stores it's Safari bookmarks file isn't accessible again unlike on desktop version.

I would have thought this situation would have been addressed by now as it seems to be quite a widely reported "issue".

Outside of jail breaking any ideas?

Ask a Question