Every week I have to do two-factor authentication to iCloud

Reaction score
Once a week, I log onto https://www.icloud.com/ with Chrome on my Mac. Every week, that page asks me for my two-factor Authentication. Every week, I tell it that I didn’t get a verification code. Every week, I tell it to text me (which text goes to my iPhone, my iPad, and to the computer I am using). Every week, I tell it to trust this computer.

Is this normal? What can I do to not be hassled this way and still get to that site?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, I believe this is a normal part of two-factor authentication. It really tightens up the security of your account. It is even more intrusive if you access other Apple account websites for services like GSX (Global Service Exchange), VPP (Volume Purchase Program),  School (Apple School Manager), etc.

The only way to reduce the hassle is to turn off two-factor authentication. And, you can only do that with some Apple ID accounts, depending on when they were created.

C

Reaction score
You're saying I will continue to have to do this every week? Where does the first notification go to, before I tell it to text me?

Ask a Question