Error message in iCal

Reaction score
Can anyone help with the following message I keep getting everytime I open up iCal ?

The server responded with an error

Access to account “ntlworld.com” is not permitted.

The server responded:
“403”
to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.

I'm running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 on a MacBook Pro and have absolutely no idea why or where this message keeps coming from. All I do know is, that I can't use iCal because I can't get past this message. I have no idea why it even mentions 'ntlworld.com' as that is an email address of mine, and I wouldn't even know how to or even why I'd even need to access my emails via iCal.

This maybe a very simplistic issue and it would need explaining that way.

Shane.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I believe that the ntlworld.com domain is part of Virgin Media, correct? It sounds as if iCal is setup to access a calendar attached to the ntlworld.com email account. Check in  > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts and see that account is listed. If so, click on it in the list on the left and turn off the calendar syncing.

Let us know if that corrects it,

C

Reaction score
Cory,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your advice and everything is now working fine without the annoying error messages as before.

Once again many thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Shane.

Ask a Question