Erratic zooming in and out, up and down on maps

Reaction score
have osx 10.9 and having trouble viewing maps, google or mac quest. Does the same using Google chrome or safari. When i try to zoom in or out or move map with hand icon the screen goes crazy. Zooming in and out rapidly, totally useless. I have searched all over the web and have seen many with the same problem but no solutions.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have had this issue myself...very annoying.

-What model Mac?
-Which pointing device?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have had this issue myself...very annoying.

-What model Mac?
-Which pointing device?

C
OSX 10.9.2 ...it's the wireless mouse that came with the system....I'm not sure if it's the one called "mighty mouse" or not.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, it's the Apple Magic Mouse. So it's a desktop Mac - iMac/Mac mini then.

You can try changing some of the scrolling options in the Mouse preference pane:

Apple > System Preferences... > Mouse

-Do you have the same issue in the Maps app that came with Mavericks?

C

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the responses you have given...
I have made all the changes I can find to make in the mouse settings.....and I had not thought to ck the Maps app that was on the dock...and to my surprise it does work great with no spastic movements.....I will just use that app and forget the Google and Mapquest....I just hope it will be as good and have as many features as the big boys.

Reaction score
CC, you mentioned that you had had the same issue before....what did you do to fix it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I never did fix it, it still happens when I use Google Maps or MapQuest in Safari. Not all the time, but enough to make it irritating.

I simply use the Maps app and have been quite happy with it.

C

Ask a Question