Emulators

Reaction score
Hello...I feel so stupid for asking this...

Is there currently a FREE emulator (and I don't mean a trial) that lets me run Steam and Counter-Strike on my Mac?

I have a MacBook, by the way...80GB.

Reaction score
Well there is Apples Boot camp Here But you will need a windows OS ( XP or Vista ) to use on.

Other emulators such as Virtual PC and Guest PC whilst you have to pay for them, they are still no good for playing games, as they only emulate a very standard video card, with no 3D acceleration.

Bootcamp allows you to you the actual mac hardware on the windows install.
There is also parallels/ again it is not free, and you will still need the windows CD for XP or Vista.

To my knowledge there is no free emilator that will use the mac hardware correctly as bootcamp or parallels do.

Bootcamp being free is the better bet for you to test out, whereas parallels is cool as you do not need to restart the mac to get into windows!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

depending on how you look at it...BootCamp is free but then you need windows.

You could try Crossover, but it's not free. There is the Wine project, but I'm not sure how well games work with it...

I've not found anything 'free' that really works...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question