email content disappearing

Reaction score
May already be a thread to this one........some of my older emails have lost their content.
I tried REBUILD and now have lost all the emails that wouldnt display the contents!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Option Drag that Mail Folder, making a copy onto the Desktop, sort through looking for the missing emails.

or use a File Recovery App, such as Data Rescue to see if you can recover the emails.

Reaction score
Thanks. I already have a copy, however its not the missing emails that worry me but the recurrence of received emails that somehow lose their content and what I can do to prevent this and/or why is it happening?

Reaction score
The only time I've seen this type of thing its a sign the HD is dying, I'd ensure you have a full backup, ASAP!

Then in Disk Utility check its SMART status.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Kaveman. I got help from Apple Support. A software problem POSSIBLY caused (though not proven) by a recent Apple Software update / conflict?
Files restored through Time Machine except email files 'lost' during rebuild - lesson learnt...Never Rebuild before backing up then Restoring!

Ask a Question