Email - can send but not receive

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone might have a clue whats going on with my Mail...

I have 3 addresses, one from my ISP (virgin ntl) which sends & receives just fine. The other two are @mydomainname addresses & one is my primary. Last night these 2 stopped receiving, although they would still send. Today one is receiving but the primary isn't. This is just on the desktop - both are working absolutely perfectly on my iPad.

I've checked everything I can think of to check - the faulty addy is set up as correctly as the one that's started working again. Has anyone come across this & does anyone have any idea how I might fix it?

Reaction score
Yes I have. I took all accounts offline then back on, restarted Mail, restarted the Mac & in the end downloaded Thunderbird & got into my primary address that way. This morning, suddenly, Mail is working again yet nothing's changed since last night. I've had another thought - I use SpamSieve & late last night downloaded an upgrade. Could that have anything to do with it? Could the previous version have been randomly interfering with the receiving of emails?

Reaction score
Have been away for a couple of days but Mail is behaving itself at the moment so am hopeful the problem has been solved :)

Reaction score
Internetland and email is far from dependable, if Mail was working and now it's not, don't change things as the problem is most likely not your Mac.

Ask a Question