Eliminating Unwanted accounts without messing up my current programs?

Reaction score
I had three accounts on my hard drive and eliminated one and it caused all kinds of problems. How do I prevent this from happening again and how do I elimate these other accounts without messing up my current programs? Thanks
Additional Info. iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, macOS High Sierra version10.13.6
Thanks

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Deleting user accounts shouldn't affect any applications that are installed, unless one of those accounts has a separate Apple ID that purchased/installed applications from the App Store.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Deleting user accounts shouldn't affect any applications that are installed, unless one of those accounts has a separate Apple ID that purchased/installed applications from the App Store.

Hope that helps,

C
It may be that there is a separate account as when I transferred my information to an SSD, I believe that I had to register as a new account. I know it was incorrect in doing this but being a novice I didn't know how to do it any other way. So is there a way to get around this? Thanks

Reaction score
It may be that there is a separate account as when I transferred my information to an SSD, I believe that I had to register as a new account. I know it was incorrect in doing this but being a novice I didn't know how to do it any other way. So is there a way to get around this? Thank

Ask a Question