Duplications

Reaction score
I have bought a new Macbook Air and in All MY FILES i seem to have duplications galore. When I delete it says I will remove it from iCloud. Do I need it in icloud and why is it going to icloud. How do I get rid of duplications????

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What Mac did you upgrade from?
-What version of OS X was it running?
-Did you use Migration Assistant to migrate your files and applications?
-Were you using iCloud Drive previously (requires Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 or later)?
-Are all of your files - documents/music/photos/etc. duplicated?
-Do you have a Time Machine or other backup of your data?

C

Reaction score
OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Don't know as a programmer expert friend did it
Don't know if this computer was using icloud . Have only just bought a new iphone 6s+ this year.

I don't understand what is duplicated as have strange complement files in my ALL files folder on FINDER.

Have a Time machine and have backed up
Must advise you am of a certain age and it is now getting complicated. Spent 2 whole days trying to get photos in order on LR4 . version.3 which seemed to upgrade to LR.4 and when I ejected last night, this morning it is not loading all the work I did. Went back to my old computer and the Trash was full of photos which I tried to copy into a folder on desktop with no success as they seem all greyed out in folder. I can't understand this as was not using old Mac. A Horrendous mess.

Ask a Question