Dualshock 3 Connects via Bluetooth, but button don't respond.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a problem that is frustrating me beyond no end, and frankly I'm about to give up on any hopes of gaming on my mac forever (clearly, I enjoy using a controller). So far, I have tried two separate official Sony Dualshock 3 controllers and one Sony Dualshock 4 controller and have had the same unfortunate results. Every time I am able to connect the controller/pair it via usb and/or bluetooth so that it is listed as "Connected" in the bluetooth preferences, but nothing responds to the button commands. I am attempting to map the controller's inputs via Joystick Mapper, but when I click "Scan" no inputs are received no matter what button I press. Nothing I have tried will respond to these controllers. Has anybody experienced this before and found a solution? The only way I can play my favorite game is on my computer and this is seriously getting to me. I really appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

(I am running mavericks 10.9.5 on a Mid 2010 Mac Pro Desktop tower. If you need more details just let me know.)

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Update: In an attempt to remedy this situation, I updated from Mavericks to Yosemite. Unfortunately, not only does it still refuse to work, but it won't even connect or appear in the bluetooth preferences. In Joystick Mapper it seems to recognize that a "joystick" is attached and then when I turn off the controller it won't let me scan because there's no "joystick" connected. I am at a complete loss, and things just seem to be getting worse :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've spent hours over the past few days on google, and every thread always says the same thing. Reset controller, plug in usb, etc... Needless to say, all of the google links are purpled. Thanks regardless, and I'll definitely give the Sony forums a shot. Hopefully between here and there someone will be able to give me the info I need.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Unless someone here has experience with that particular controller the Sony forums may be your best bet … good luck with it nonetheless ...

Reaction score
Hey EcComicFan, you are not alone. I have the same problem and y me estoy empezando a volver loco.
Do you have some news???

Ask a Question