SOLVED Download fails

Reaction score
I cannot download an installer package in any of 4 different browsers. Even if the download completes (216 MB of 216 MB) I always get an error such as: Failed network error, unknown error, etc. In the Downloads folder I see that all the unsuccessful 216 MB downloads only have 7, 10, or maybe 13 MBs in them. I tried to open the Chrome download just to check and I get: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) Couldn’t open “hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg”. Is there a reason for this? Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume you are running into the macOS 10.15.7 Catalina HP printer issue?

I downloaded it and compressed it into a ZIP archive. Try downloading the installer from this link: HP Printer Essentials

Let me know if that works for you.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I downloaded it and compressed it into a ZIP archive. Try downloading the installer from this link: HP Printer Essentials

C
I saw the download from your link get down to 4 minutes (in Brave):
4 min left- Brave.jpg

and expected the usual failure (from Safari) :
Safari download problem.jpg

but it succeeded.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hello,

C
The compressed package made all the difference in the world, I tried downloading directly from HP 16 times, to no avail (parallel processing, you know). Thank you!

Ask a Question