Dock options not availible

Reaction score
I prefer my dock to be on the side of the screen. Upon a restart today the dock is at the bottom of the screen and the option to move it is grayed out. I deleted the preference file from the library and restarted, but alas, nothing. I still can't change the position of the dock.

Any suggestions on this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 12.49.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 12.49.58 PM.png
    238 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
I prefer my dock to be on the side of the screen. Upon a restart today the dock is at the bottom of the screen and the option to move it is grayed out. I deleted the preference file from the library and restarted, but alas, nothing. I still can't change the position of the dock.

Any suggestions on this?
Try Onyx, a free and very powerful utility for changing system settings, among other things. If you don’t have it, you can find it at macupdate.com. I suggest choosing to go to the developer’s website instead of downloading from macupdate.

You need to give it Full Disk Access in Privacy settings.

In Onyx, select Parameters, then Dock, where you will see the pulldown to select the position of the dock. While you’re there, you may also want to tweak the other settings.

Ask a Question