disc name already taken?

Reaction score
Running on OSX 10.6.8, Trying to burn DVDs of my photos, but it won't let me burn a 2nd DVD with the same name as the last. ? (Made a change, and wanted to redo the first one). Says "name already taken, please use another". Restarted the computer, that didn't help. This seems so simple and crazy that I can't get around it! Googling didn't give me any luck with an answer. Thanks if you can help.

Reaction score
On the desktop there will be a burn folder with that name, just delete that folder and you'll be good to go.

Reaction score
Oh, duh, thank you! Seems like it would have shown up along the sidebar... and my desktop is a mess, I'd never have seen it there. :eek: Thank you very much!

Reaction score
OK, next question:
How do I get it to stop saving burn folders?
Please pardon my ignorance in these matters.
Thanks!?:eek:

Reaction score
I've not seen a preference to stops this happening. I think its that folder the Burner uses to burn the DVD and just leaves it there when its finished. Just in case you want to do another one. I find it a nuisance too.

Reaction score
Had unwittingly hoarded 31G in burn folders over the past 24 hours.
Thank you, Kaveman, for your expertise!

Ask a Question